NHS Reopening Update – Wed., July 15th, 2020
The Nevada Historical Society Museum will reopen beginning on Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
- Consult the Nevada Historical Society website for online reservations for Museum and Research Library under VISIT.
- The online registration forms are active today, July 1st, 2020 to schedule your upcoming visit to our galleries or research library.
Here’s what we will ask of our patrons:
- Social distancing protocols and face masks required.*
- Family groups up to 6 persons allowed and must stay together.
- Maximum museum capacity is 30 persons.
- Visitors allowed in on a “first come first served basis.
- Admission is $5, children under 17 and members are free.
- Debit or credit card payment only for admissions and for store sales.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Research Library: 3 people is the maximum number of researchers allowed, using one table per person. Online reservations are required to do research.
- Reservations are required to visit the museum on Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesdays are a first come, first serve basis. The new hours are 10am to 3pm for online registration.
- Beginning July 1, 2020, the NHS staff can be contacted by phone or email Tuesday-Friday 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Here’s what to expect for a safe and healthy museum visit:
- Staff, volunteers and visitors to wear masks, at all times, inside the museum facility.
- Museums are ADA accessible.
- No food allowed, except bottled water.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other visitors.
- Family group up to 10 persons is allowed, and the group must stay together.
- Expect delays if the museum is busy and the flow of visitors is controlled so as not to exceed capacity and to insure safe distancing.
- Follow the directional arrows and signage through the museum.
- Touchable surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
*per mandate of the Governor on masks.