Location, Hours & Admission
MUSEUM & STORE*:
Wednesdays, 10am – 4pm
Thursdays-Fridays, By Appointment Only
*One visitor allowed in the Museum Store at a time.
Wednesday-Friday, By Appointment Only
Request an appointment here.
NHS Closures – Holidays 2020
Friday, July 3, 2020 – 4th July – Closed
Friday, October 30, 2020 – Nevada Day – Closed
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 – Veterans Day – Closed
Thursday, Nov 26, 2020 – Thanksgiving – Closed
Friday, Nov 27, 2020 – Family Day – Closed
Friday, Dec 25, 2020 – Christmas – Closed
Friday, Jan 1, 2021 – New Years Day – Closed
Member of the Nevada State Museums System: Free
Children Under the Age of 18: Free
775-688-1190 ext. 221
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting the Nevada State Museums you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. By purchasing a ticket and/or entering the property and facilities, you agree to abide by all posted instructions and COVID-19 safety protocols. See below for museum hours and details.
Here’s what we will ask of our patrons:
- Social distancing protocols and face masks required.* per Governor Sisolak and State of Nevada regulations.
- Family groups up to 6 persons allowed and must stay together.
- Maximum museum capacity is 30 persons.
- Visitors allowed in on a “first come first served basis on Wednesdays. Thursdays and Fridays reservation appointments are required to visit, one week in advance.
- Admission is $5, children under 17 and members are free.
- Debit or credit card payment only for admissions and for store sales.
- For the Research Library: 3 people is the maximum number of researchers at one time. Reservation appointments are required to visit, one week in advance.
- Consult the Nevada Historical Society website for online reservations for Museum and Research Library. Reservations can be made from 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM on Thursday and Friday. Beginning July 1, 2020, the NHS staff can be contacted by phone or email Tuesday-Friday 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Here’s what to expect for a safe and healthy museum visit:
- Staff, volunteers and visitors to wear masks, at all times, inside the museum facility.
- Museums are ADA accessible.
- No food allowed, except bottled water.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other visitors.
- Family group up to 6 persons is allowed, and the group must stay together.
- Expect delays if the museum is busy and the flow of visitors is controlled so as not to exceed capacity and to insure safe distancing on Wednesdays.
- Follow the directional arrows and signage through the museum.
- Touchable surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
Location and Directions
1650 North Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89503
University of Nevada – Reno campus
We are located north of the Fleischmann Planetarium.
The Society is located in the green and copper building with diamond-shaped windows.
Designated Parking has signage posted on the east side of our building. If those spaces are taken, you can use any available UNR parking spaces, including space behind the KNPB station.
We have free, temporary parking passes available at the Admissions office that you can place on your dashboard.
Persons with disabilities may use the designated spaces in the parking lot in front of the museum.
RTC and Sierra Spirit Buses
There is a bus stop located in front of the museum, 16th Street.
For more information about time schedule, visit www.rtcwashoe.com
Heading North from Carson City
Take I-580 /US-395 N/N Carson Street. Take exit 68B for Interstate 80 W toward Reno/Sac. Merge onto I-80 W. Take exit 13 towards Downtown Reno/Virginia Street. Continue onto E 8th Street. Turn Right onto N Virginia Street. Turn Right onto 16th Street.
Take US-395 S. Take exit 72 for merge onto Interstate 80 W toward Reno/Sac. Merge onto I-80 W. Take exit 13 towards Downtown Reno/Virginia Street. Continue onto E 8th Street. Turn Right onto N Virginia Street. Turn Right onto 16th Street.
Take I-80 W. Take exit 13 towards Downtown Reno/Virginia Street. Continue onto E 8th Street. Turn Right onto N Virginia Street. Turn Right onto 16th Street.
Take I-80 E. Follow I-80 E to Maple Street. Take exit 13 towards Downtown Reno/Virginia Street. Continue onto Maple Street. Turn Left onto N Virginia Street. Turn Right onto 16th Street.